Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quick Update that is Whiny in Nature

Largely things have been going well in Canuckland as of late, but at the moment I just feel like je suis dans la merde as our Francophone friends would never actually say. Also interesting to note that 'the shit' is a feminine noun en francais (but then apparently the word for tampon is masculine, so make of that what you will).

I digress. I don't know whether it's exam stress, or worrying about my nana or other nonsense back home but my body is basically in a constant state of 'Err, fuck this shit' and helpfully refuses to co-operate with me. And for all the talk about how Canada's healthcare is supposedly the best in the world, I've found it quite useless. I mean, you get seen and you get treated but the medical staff at my uni health centre have been very rude and dismissive and I have quite often wanted to give them a good slap. It's frustrating because I just don't have TIME to be ill. I have things to do, even now exams are over, and I really can't afford to keep forking out $15 for painkillers just so I am actually capable of getting off the sofa without being crippled by stomach pains.

And my skin has broken out massively so I look disgusting.  Again, I don't know if this is stress or just my body deciding to be a colossal pain in the jacksie for the lols.

Oh well, I'm off on a road trip to Nova Scotia tomorrow. Quite why anyone felt the need to create a 'New Scotland' is beyond me, the old one causes more than enough trouble. Oh well. I am the only non-driver and I'm hoping this does not mean I am put in charge of map-reading.

Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment