Monday, September 13, 2010

In which I still don't have a bed, but I do get drunk quite a lot.

Short post, in lieu of extreme tiredness.

This past week has been quite strange. I have an apartment, but am sans furniture, so I have been staying with a girl, E, from my home university in her accommodation, which is more of a halls-of-residence set up. It was really jolly nice of her to put me up, as we didn't really know each other before we arrived in Canada. I've had a great week staying there and E's flatmates are all really top notch people.

It was the first week of term so naturally lots of fresher's week, or 'frosh' as it's called here for some bizarre reason, events have been going on. And when I say events, I mean Trips to Ye Olde Pub. It's been good fun. I love this time, when you're just making friends with any poor sod who happens to drunkenly trip over your feet. You probably won't stay in contact with everyone, but it's nice that everyone is just so willing to chat/dance/make a tit of themselves with you.

Of course, you have to actually become friends with *some* of these people, otherwise life would be a bit dull during the day/when you're not playing beer pong. Luckily this has happened for me. I've met some great people even if they are slightly unfortunate by way of being Australian and/or German. Montreal is a great city to just be in. It's buzzy and exciting like any sizeable city, but also pretty and chilled. Picnics are fun here. There are friendly squirrels.


xxx

1 comment:

  1. It's very bohemian not having furniture. Sit on cushions and eat with your hands and live a free life, man. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete